International Relations @ SIT
Exchange Students Inbound Outbound Internship
The international relations (IR) team at SIT is here to help both SIT students interested in studying abroad and exchange students from our exchange partners. We are the first point of contact for these students and will guide them through the application process, in partnership with the university @ KMUTT International AffairsA list of eligible SIT programs to accept exchange students from abroad is available on our Exchange Programs page. The institutions which have an agreement with SIT to exchange students and staffs are available on the Exchange Partners page. In addition, SIT has setup opportunities for Internship with different businesses.
SIT students who interest in an exchange or internship should review the Information available on this site.
The School of Information Technology produces Computer Science graduates who can do a lot more than just programming. The degree emphasizes many areas of computing such as computer science theories, software development, database systems, network systems, programming on scientific and organizational problems and developing large-scale software applications. In addition, students are trained to use analytical skills for problem solving from different perspectives and to develop software that responds to the changing world.
English instruction and global communication skills are integrated to prepare students for worldwide employment and future study opportunities. Likewise, it is beneficial when cooperating with leading foreign IT companies. This is a great opportunity to study language and CS subjects. All courses are taught by foreign lecturers and Thai lecturers with international experience from many world class universities. The school has set up the English Language Coordinating Section which teaches students high level language skills including listening, speaking, reading and writing so that students can become confident international IT professionals.
Ph.D. Degree Programs in CS and IT
Information Technology (English Program)
The Doctor of Philosophy program in Information Technology aims to produce highly qualified researchers and scholars to international standards. It also aims to create researchers of integrity as clearly stated in the SIT “Five P’s” philosophy: Prompt actions, Punctuality, Professionalism, Perseverance, and Principles and can respond to computer science industry requirements. Moreover, the program aims for the discovery of new insights and academic excellence for national development by emphasizing in-depth research and the use of resources at maximum potential.
Computer Science (English Program)
The Doctor of Philosophy program in Computer Science aims to produce highly qualified researchers and scholars to international standards. It also aims to create researchers of integrity as clearly stated in the SIT “Five P’s” philosophy: Prompt actions, Punctuality, Professionalism, Perseverance, and Principles and can respond to computer science industry requirements. Moreover, the program aims for the discovery of new insights and academic excellence for national development by emphasizing in-depth research and the use of resources at maximum potential.
HOW TO APPLY
A Semester Exchange at University of Luxembourg
Ph.D. Position at University of Luxembourg
The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international
researchuniversity. Times Higher Education (THE) ranks the University
of Luxembourg 58th in the world and 21st within Europe for Computer
Science in 2016. The Faculty of Science, Technology and
Communication of the University of Luxembourg is looking for a
Doctoral candidate (PhD student) in Computer Science
- Ref: F1-070073
- Fixed Term Contract, pending satisfaction of progress milestones
- Full time basis (40hrs/week)
- Employee and Student status
The University of Luxembourg seeks to hire outstanding PhD Candidates.
You will carry out research activities and write a thesis, the main goal
being to obtain a PhD in the area of computer science. A possible
research starting point for this PhD project is the design and
implementation of evolutionary algorithms for convolutional neural
network visualisation, and its application in image recognition security.
Suggestions for other research topics in deep learning, and their
applications in security can also be discussed.
The PhD candidate will be a member of the Computer Science and
Communications Research Unit (CSC) within the Faculty of Science,
Technology and Communication at the University of Luxembourg. Part
of the work time must therefore be dedicated to support teaching
activities within the Computer Science Bachelor and Master programs of
The candidate should possess an MSc degree or equivalent in Computer
Scienceor Applied Mathematics before September 30th, 2019. The ideal
candidate should have some knowledge and experience in a number of
the following topics:
- A proven interest in deep learning and evolutionary algorithms is a plus.
- Proven experience with “large”, possibly distributed mathematical
computations is a plus.
- Commitment, team spirit, a critical mind, autonomy and motivation are
skills that are more than welcome.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are
Knowledge of French or German is desirable, but not a must (language
courses are offered at the university).
- Programming skills (mastery of C / C++ and/or Python is a plus).
The University offers a Ph.D. study program with a Fixed Term Contract
up to 3 years in total, pending satisfaction of progress milestones (CDD),
on a full-time basis (40hrs/week). The University offers highly
competitive salaries and is an equal opportunity employer. You will work
in an exciting international environment and will have the opportunity to
participate in the development of a newly created university.
Application: Your application should include:
- Full CV, and name (and email address, etc) of three referees.
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken.
- Research statements and topics of particular interest to the candidate
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Deadline for applications: 30th April, 2019
For further information, please contact :
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Kittichai Lavangnananda (Kitt@sit.kmutt.ac.th)
Research Exchange Program/Laboratory Internship Program (the 3rd Entry) Academic Year 2019 – 2020
Venue: Shibaura Institute of Technology (SIT), Japan
Introduction of the program
The program is divided into 2 following types
- Research:The main activity is to conduct a research in accordance with your field of study and you will be supervised by a professor of SIT all along.
- Research and Course (only for graduate student):Besides the research, you can take courses in English during the program. Students who would like to register the course must stay at least 1 semester and finish all courses enrolled.
Beginning of the 3th entry program will range from September to December 2019.
***You can freely set the end date of the program, but the first day must be Monday of each week. ***
Research only: 8 working days – 1 year
Research and course: 1 semester or 2 semesters
- Admission fee: 30,000 JPY
- Examination fee: 10,000 JPY
- Tuition: 12,000 JPY per credit (if take course)
Scholarship: 40,000 JPY per month during the program
- Be an undergraduate or graduate/postgraduate student
***Undergraduate student have to complete 4 semesters or more at the time of arrival at SIT.
***Graduate/postgraduate student have to complete 1 semester or more at the time of arrival at SIT.
- Must complete this program before the graduation date of KMUTT
- Good command in English
- Be physically and mentally healthy
- Comply with the Japanese export control legal framework [https://www.meti.go.jp/policy/anpo/securityexportcontrol1.html]
- Outbound Internship Application Form (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1adNvtxCwLYg-R1d3aHQcpQEqqo3acXNB/view?usp=sharing)
- Detailed research proposal
- English score – CEFR B2 or the letter of recommendation guaranteeing an applicant’s English proficiency
- An original or copy of transcript
- A copy of passport
How to apply:
- Send all required document as mentioned above to your department or International Affairs Office of your faculty/school.
- Your faculty screens out and submits a set of application forms to International Affairs Office (IA) on the 6thfloor of the President’s Office Building.
- IA will select and nominate outstanding candidates to Shibaura Institute of Technology (SIT).
- Nominated applicants fill out the application form of SIT and submit to IA.
- IA submits applicants’ application forms to SIT.
- SIT screens out the application forms and announce the result afterwards.
- Please submit application documents to your department or International Affairs Office of your faculty/school by April 25, 2019 ***(For SIT student send application documents at IR-SIT at 2ndfloor, SIT Building)
- Interview at International Affairs Office (IA) on the 6thfloor of the president’s building on April 30, 2019
- Result announcement from IA on May 2, 2019
- Nominate successful candidates to Shibaura Institute of Technology onMay 3, 2019
- Apply through SIT’s program on May 7, 2019
For more information, please visit the following links attached herewith
Contact detail of this program coordinators:
Mr. Sutthisak Phakdee Email: email@example.com
Mr. Nontanan Ruangphanit Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An announcement of the student’s list who are interested in the student exchange at JAMK University of Applied Sciences, Finland
Download the student’s list file here: jamk (2019-2020) – erasmus+
***Any questions do you have? Aj. Chonlamath will be in the IR room to answer questions. On Thursday, February 21, 16.00 – 17.30 hrs.
For any further information, please contact Ms. Kanokwan E-mail: email@example.com or at IR-SIT at 2ndfloor, SIT Building
Announce: Student Exchange Support Program (Scholarship for Short-Term Study in Japan) of Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) 2019 at TUAT Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology
A summer internship 2019 at TUAT (Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan)
Place: Tokyo, Japan
Program: Education and Research Internship Program from World Top-Level Universities.
Period: June to August 2019
Prerequisites: 3rd or 4th year undergraduate student only.
GPA >= 3.10
* Preliminary Details of the Program, please see here : http://www.ir.sit.kmutt.ac.th/ir/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/JASSO-proposal2019-_世界トップ_.pdf
How to apply:
- Application form Host University (Please download: Applicant Form (TUAT)2019http://www.ir.sit.kmutt.ac.th/ir/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Applicant-Form-TUAT2019.docx)
- Academic transcript in English
- Copy of valid passport
- A photo in 4×3 cm. size
- Recommendation (by an advisor and by Head of Department)
- Medical Certificate
Due date of application submission to Kanokwan@sit.kmutt.ac.ht by Tuesday 5th March 2019 before 16.00 Hrs.
For any further information, please contact Ms. Kanokwan E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org IR-SIT at 2ndfloor, SIT Building Tel: 02470 9809
News and Activity
An ASEAN International Development Manager University College Cork (UCC), Ireland had a visit to King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi (KMUTT)
APNNS Advanced Forum Series: Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence (DLAI) Winter School 2018: conducted from the 1st – 4th February 2018, at KMUTT, Bangkok, Thailand.
Visiting from ITS – Indonesia.
Follow us :